PCAOB Hot Buttons & SEC Update
It is important to keep informed on recent standard setting activities, as well as the regulatory landscape. While standards and inspection activities of the PCAOB directly impact external auditors of U.S. publicly traded companies, their actions are often felt by companies preparing financial statements whether publicly traded or not. Keeping pace with what is trending relative to PCAOB and SEC hot buttons is time-consuming and can be challenging.
A key objective of this webinar is to shed light on quarterly developments, as well as tackle a relating focus point. In this webinar we will discuss the following:
– Recurring audit deficiencies
– Financial reporting areas frequently selected for inspection
– Areas of focus for the external auditor this year
– Related parties considerations
• Learn about key PCAOB and SEC developments
• Understand the auditors focus and considerations for planning purposes
• Focus on value-added root cause analysis to make real impacts
• Awareness of regulatory and audit hot buttons, such as segment reporting and non-routine transactions
PCAOB Hot Buttons & SEC Comment Letters
Staying ahead of the game in terms of what is on the radar of the PCAOB and what is trending relative to SEC Comment letters most relevant to Finance leaders can be time consuming and difficult at best. On a quarterly basis, we discuss these need-to-know matters and answer your questions.
Join us as Gabe Zubizarreta and Ron Kral, Managing Partner at Candela Solutions, discuss year-end audit considerations, including what companies can do now to prepare for their year-end audit to minimize audit fee increases. This will include a discussion on the PCAOB report dated October 15, 2015: Inspection Observations Related to PCAOB “Risk Assessment” Auditing Standards (No. 8 thought No. 15). Gabe and Ron will also discuss the varying viewpoints around audit firm tendering and recent SEC charges.
Invite a friend or co-worker!
Please call us at (408)-314-5255 or email us at Education@svacpa.com for more information.
Your feedback is important to us. If you have comments or opinions related to this quarter’s webcast that you would like included in our program, please email them to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, please don’t hesitate to submit topics of interest for 2016 webcasts. We value your input!
Webcast attendees will be eligible for 1.5 NASBA approved CPE credit at no cost as long as the following criteria are met:
- Answer “Yes” to the question “Would you like to receive CPE credit for this webcast” at the bottom of the registration form.
- Specify the state in which you hold your license.
- Attend the entire webcast.
- Respond to all of the polling questions.
- Complete a NASBA required program and speaker evaluation. You will automatically be re-directed to this evaluation survey at the conclusion of the webcast. DO NOT CLOSE YOUR BROWSER OR OTHERWISE LEAVE THE SESSION BEFORE COMPLETING THIS EVALUATION OR YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FOR CPE CREDIT.
Please understand that in order for us to offer this educational opportunity at no cost all requirements listed above must be met. Failure to meet these requirements may result in a $50 administrative fee when manual intervention is required to override the automated process. Requests for duplicate Certificate of Completion documentation will also carry a $50 administrative fee.
Recommended CPE Credits for this webcast: 1.5; Preparation: None; Level of Knowledge: Intermediate; Field of Study: Accounting; Method of Delivery: Group Internet-based; Complaint Resolution Policy; Cancellation Policy.
For details regarding refunds, cancellations and complaint resolution please visit http://www.svacpa.com/policies/
Silicon Valley Accountants is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the national Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses of CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBAregistry.org.