Aviva Spectrum & SVA
IPE/Key Report Testing:
What External Auditors are Really Auditing…
Please join us on:
Thursday, October 16, 2014
1:00 PM – 2:30 PM (ET)
Sonia Luna (CPA, CIA, CRMA, CGAP, founder of Aviva Spectrum, and subject matter expert on the COSO’s New 2013 Framework) and Gabe Zubizarreta (CPA, founder of Silicon Valley Accountants, and subject matter expert on Financial Effectiveness) will present a discussion about what information external auditors are auditing in the current environment.
Meet the Instructors:
Gabriel Zubizarreta is CEO and Founding Principal at Silicon Valley Accountants. He is a CPA with over 10 years of experience with PwC, has previously held various Controller positions, and led several merger integration projects. Gabe is focused on delivering exceptional results and is a passionate advocate for process improvement.
Gabe designed a proven Financial Effectiveness Framework which delivers continuous improvement based results to optimize financial processes by focusing on people, processes and systems. This Framework is based on a balanced approach of training, leadership, process improvement and system optimization. He strongly believes Financial Effectiveness adds significant value to clients and guarantees his work and complete client satisfaction.
Gabe’s breadth of expertise includes internet/software, insurance, networking, healthcare, manufacturing, utility and not-for profit companies. His extensive experience is from both the external audit and industry perspectives, including SOX compliance, technical accounting topics (such as revenue recognition), process optimization and a strong knowledge of systems.
Sonia Luna, CPA, CIA, CRMA is CEO and Founder of Aviva Spectrum, an internal audit and compliance consulting firm headquartered in Los Angeles, California. She is also a speaker and writer on topics such as COSO 2013, SOX 404, Quality Assessment Reviews, Internal Auditing, and related topics.
What You Will Learn:
1. The basics of what IPE stands for and how it will impact all your future audits,
2. The three key areas both you and your external auditors must have when auditing key reports,
3. How to identify what is in-scope and out-of-scope for IPEs and other critical data,
4. Why and how this impacts your current audits and how to manage your staff time when implementing your IPE strategy.
Webinar attendees will be eligible for 1.5 hours of NASBA approved CPE credit at no cost as long as the following criteria are met:
1. Answer “Yes” to the question “Would you like to receive CPE credit for this webinar” at the bottom of the registration form.
2. Specify the state in which you hold your license.
3. Attend the webcast for a minimum of 75 minutes.
4. Respond to all of the polling questions.
5. Complete a NASBA required program and speaker evaluation within one week of the webinar. The same email address must be used when completing this evaluation as when initially registering for the webinar.