Silicon Valley Accountants Proudly Presents:
Optimizing the Accounting Close & Financial Reporting Webcast
1:00-2:30 PM Eastern.
Benefit from the experience of those who have put our optimization techniques to the test. Gain helpful insight into how others optimize their close. Join the dynamic discussion as we share experiences and offer practical advice for your own optimization efforts.
Are you missing opportunities to improve because you are too busy closing the way you always have?
The close process, which is subject to increasing scrutiny, has been remarkably resistant to the type of re-engineering efforts that have successfully improved performance and productivity in other business areas.
Period-end accounting close and financial reporting require collaboration to analyze data, make adjustments, review changes and create reports. Even with a strong ERP and reporting software in place, most companies use multiple checklists and spreadsheets to help manage the most manual portions of this monthly process.
Gabe will share first-hand experience implementing the principles explained during this webinar as well as offer insightful advice that you can apply toward your own optimization efforts.
- Why the accounting close process is fundamentally different from other processes
- The elements of a total solution approach to better managing your close
- Alternative methods for close optimization and how to pick the right one
- How to create a continuous improvement strategy
- What technologies are available to support the process
- How to implement a process improvement plan while lowering risk
- Current best practices for better close management
- Review current case studies and project plans
Gabe Zubizarreta, CPA
Webcast attendees will be eligible for 1.5 NASBA approved CPE credits at no cost as long as the following criteria are met:
- Answer “Yes” to the question “Would you like to receive CPE credit for this webcast” at the bottom of the registration form.
- Specify the state in which you hold your license.
- Attend the entire webcast.
- Respond to a minimum of 3 polling questions per hour.
- Complete a NASBA required program and speaker evaluation. You will automatically be re-directed to this evaluation survey at the conclusion of the webcast. DO NOT CLOSE YOUR BROWSER OR OTHERWISE LEAVE THE SESSION BEFORE COMPLETING THIS EVALUATION OR YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FOR CPE CREDIT.
Please understand that in order for us to offer this educational opportunity at no cost all requirements listed above must be met. Failure to meet these requirements may result in a $50 administrative fee when manual intervention is required to override the automated process. Requests for duplicate Certificate of Completion documentation will also carry a $50 administrative fee.
Recommended CPE Credits for this webcast: 1.5: Level of Knowledge: Intermediate; Field of Study: Accounting; Method of Delivery: Group Internet-based. Complaint Resolution Policy; Cancellation Policy.
Silicon Valley Accountants, is dedicated to improving the accounting and financial reporting processes, increasing efficiency, and lowering compliance costs. Our Continuous Improvement Methodology includes leveraging both software and consulting services to help companies optimize their accounting close process. The accounting close and financial reporting processes are issues that typically include inefficiencies and delays for a great many companies. Within our consulting services is an educational component that includes informative presentations which qualify for CPE Credit Hours. SVA offers a variety of live courses and webcasts, often at no charge.
For details regarding refunds, cancellations and complaint resolution please visit http://www.svacpa.com/policies/
Silicon Valley Accountants is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the national Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses of CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBAregistry.org