Silicon Valley Accountants
Financial Effectiveness Framework-
Mastering Audit Management
Next Session, TBD
- Can you improve the quality and efficiency of your external audit process and increase its speed?
- Who ultimately pays for a less than optimal external audit process?
- Do your team and external auditors work together efficiently to minimize the total effort required?
- Has the audit process been improving annually resulting in lower costs and effort?
- Can you reduce your closing, compliance, and audit costs while making your team’s work easier?
Recent experience tells us that audit costs tend to increase regardless of the economic conditions.
The ultimate responsibility for financial statements, AND audit efficiency lies with the Company’s management. Unless proactively managed audit costs tend to increase over time.
Based on real experiences as both auditors and clients, SVA has developed a course that brings together years of best practices related to managing external audits as processes and thus managing for more effective audits.
The external audit process has unique characteristics. As a crucial process which is in theory managed by independent auditors, the impact of an inefficient external audit process nevertheless falls disproportionately on the Company being audited.
Learning Objectives Include:
- Overall Strategy for Audit process improvement
- Leveraging the prior year experience
- Planning phase issues and working arrangements
- Effectively managing effort reductions with interim work
- Year-end strategies to avoid crunch inefficiencies
- Issues resolution strategies
- Financial statement preparation strategies to reduce repetitive reviews and comments
- SEC, SOX, and controls related lessons all companies can leverage
Please note: In response to feedback received from you, we have modified the format of this session to include an additional hour and provide for an extended discussion on SOX.
Founding Principal, Silicon Valley Accountants
Gabe Zubizarreta’s experience working with accounting and finance teams includes Audit & Acquisitions management experience at PriceWaterhouseCoopers, and SEC Reporting and Finance Director roles at both public and private companies. At SVA, Gabe has directed clients in process improvement related to managing external audits, achieving SOX compliance, and led several acquisition integration and financial close streamlining efforts. Since founding Silicon Valley Accountants, Gabe helped design and has successfully implemented a financial process optimization software solution for public and non-public clients. He is a CPA and educator in Revenue Recognition and other current accounting topics as well as process optimization.
Invite a friend or co-worker!
Please call us at (408)-314-5255 for more information.
Webcast attendees will be eligible for up to 2 hour of NASBA approved CPE credit at no cost as long as the following criteria are met:
- Answer “Yes” to the question “Would you like to receive CPE credit for this webcast” at the bottom of the registration form.
- Specify the state in which you hold your license.
- Attend the entire webcast.
- Respond to all of the polling questions.
- Complete a NASBA required program and speaker evaluation. You will automatically be re-directed to this evaluation survey at the conclusion of the webcast. DO NOT CLOSE YOUR BROWSER OR OTHERWISE LEAVE THE SESSION BEFORE COMPLETING THIS EVALUATION OR YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FOR CPE CREDIT.
Please understand that in order for us to offer this educational opportunity at no cost all requirements listed above must be met. Failure to meet these requirements may result in a $50 administrative fee when manual intervention is required to override the automated process. Requests for duplicate Certificate of Completion documentation will also carry a $50 administrative fee.
Recommended CPE Credits for this webcast: 2 hour; Preparation: None; Level of Knowledge: Intermediate; Field of Study: Accounting; Method of Delivery: Group Internet-based.
For details regarding refunds, cancellations and complaint resolution please visit http://www.svacpa.com/policies/
Silicon Valley Accountants is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the national Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses of CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.