A.C. Sondhi and Associates in association with Silicon Valley Accountants is pleased to present EITF Member Tony Sondhi in a series of free Webinars on financial reporting issues.
On the third Tuesday of each month (with a few exceptions) at 1:00 PM ET, Tony Sondhi, (author, instructor, and one of the preeminent experts in the field of revenue recognition) will lead a one hour webinar on a current issue in financial reporting.
A. C Sondhi & Associates and SVA CPA Webcast
ASU 2016-19 – Technical Corrections and Improvements
December 2016 – Tangibles – Goodwill and Other – Internal-Use Software (subtopic 350-40)
Wednesday, March 22nd 1:00 PM Eastern
Please join us on Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 from 1:00 to 2:00 PM (EST) when EITF Member Tony Sondhi, (author, instructor and one of the preeminent experts in the fields of revenue recognition and financial reporting risks), conducts our monthly webcast on one of the issues in the recently issued ASU 2016-19. Technical Corrections and Improvements, Intangible, Goodwill and Other – Internal-Use Software (subtopic 340-50). You will learn about the following critical issues (among others) in this webcast:
- Accounting for internal-use software licensed from third-parties,
- Recognition and measurement of the “acquired” intangible asset, and
- Transition and Effective Date.
Who Should Attend:
This webcast is critical for those managers responsible for financial statements, the members of the financial reporting and investor relations team in your company, and those responsible for due diligence for acquisitions and disposals. Staff accountants, internal and external auditors, financial reporting managers, controllers, CFOs, and financial analysts responsible for financial reporting, presentation, and analysis of issues related to revenue at their companies as well all users of financial statements will find this webcast useful.
Objectives & Prerequisites:
This webcast is designed to help you better understand the proposed technical corrections and improvements. Upon completing this webcast you will:
- Learn about accounting for a specific class of internal-use software,
- Improve your understanding of the issues, and financial reporting risks related toaccounting for internal-use software, and
- Receive information about the Key implications of the issues raised in ASU 2016-19.
Given the introductory nature of this webcast, there are no prerequisites to attending this webcast.
Webinar attendees may be eligible for 1 NASBA approved CPE credit at no cost as long as the following criteria are met:
- Answer “Yes” to the question “Would you like to receive CPE credit for this webinar” at the bottom of the registration form.
- Specify the state in which you hold your license.
- Attend the webinar for the entire duration.
- Respond to a minimum of 3 polling questions per hour. (We will launch a few extra to help you meet this criteria.)
- Respond to the instructions provided during the broadcast.
- Complete a NASBA required program and speaker evaluation.
Please understand that in order for us to offer this educational opportunity at no cost all requirements listed above must be met. Failure to meet these requirements will result in a $50 administrative fee.
Recommended CPE Credits for this webinar: 1 ; Preparation: None; Level of Knowledge: Intermediate; Field of Study: Accounting; Method of Delivery: Group Internet-based; Complaint Resolution Policy; Cancellation Policy.
A.C. Sondhi & Associates, LLC strives to present current, accurate and enlightening information to its students. Should it become necessary to cancel this webinar for any reason registered attendees will be notified by email with as much advance notice as possible. For more information on administrative policies such as refunds and complaints please contact our offices at 727-797-1515.
A.C. Sondhi & Associates is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the national Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses of CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBAregistry.com