A. C. Sondhi & Associates, LLC
Silicon Valley Accountants
Optimizing the Financial Close:
A Half Day Seminar
Bank of America Building
135 South La Salle Street, 43rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603
- Can you complete your accounting close more rapidly while reducing errors?
- Do you know the status of every close activity in real time?
- Can you actively manage the entire close process to eliminate surprises?
- Do you have a process for continuously improving the close?
Recent surveys reveal that less than 10% of companies rate their ability to continuously improve the close as superior, while more than 70% consider continuous improvement one of their top three priorities for the close. Why this discrepancy? The accounting close occupies a unique position among business processes. While recognized as a crucial process, and the subject of increasing regulatory scrutiny, the close process has been remarkably resistant to the type of re-engineering efforts that have improved performance and productivity in other areas.
The constantly evolving nature of the close, along with the unique requirements each company has for close processes, limit the effectiveness of standard process re-engineering methods. Instead, a total solution approach, focusing on continuous improvement provides the best path to success.
Join accounting close expert Gabe Zubizarreta in this fast paced 3 hour live course and get a total solution approach to close optimization, and review the elements required for a successful effort.
- Why the accounting close process is fundamentally different from other processes
- The elements of a total solution approach to optimizing the close
- The methodologies available to support close optimization and how to pick an appropriate methodology
- Current best practices for close optimization
- What technologies are available to support the process
- How to create a close optimization strategy
- How to implement a process improvement plan while lowering risk
Who should attend:
- Accounting and finance professionals involved with the close (CFOs, VPs of Finance, Controllers, Assistant Controllers, Accounting Managers, Managers of Financial Reporting, Consolidation Managers, Internal Auditors, Compliance Auditors)
- Project managers involved in close improvement efforts.
Founding Principal, Silicon Valley Accountants
Gabe Zubizarreta is a CPA with over 20 years of experience ranging from Senior Audit Manager PriceWaterhouseCoopers to Director of Finance at Buckaroo, Inc., a Silicon Valley Startup. Gabe spent over 8 years at PWC, where he managed audits and helped clients achieve SOX compliance, and led several integration and close streamlining efforts. Since founding Silicon Valley Accountants, Gabe has designed and implemented a software solution for close process optimization, and led several efforts to streamline and improve the accounting close and financial reporting.
Invite a friend or co-worker!
Please email us at Education@svacpa.com for more information.
Seminar attendees will be eligible for 3 hours of NASBA approved CPE credit. To receive credit:
1. Tell us the state in which you hold your license
2. Attend the seminar for at least 2 hours 30 minutes
3. Complete a NASBA required program and speaker evaluation
No prerequisites; No advance preparation; Intermediate Level; Live Group-based delivery; Field of Study – Accounting
To register for other cities, click here.[gravityform id=15 name=ChicagoCourse Registration title=false description=false]
For details regarding refunds, cancellations and complaint resolution please visit www.SVACPA.com/policies
A.C. Sondhi & Associates is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the national Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses of CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.