The IMA Ohio Regional Council will be holding the 43rd annual Meonske Professional Development Conference at Kent State University on April 26-28, 2017, including a special one day pre-conference session focusing on upcoming changes to revenue recognition and leasing, the challenges these changes present, and practical solutions for addressing the challenges on Wednesday, April 26th.
The sessions will include:
- Transformation: Selected Execution Challenges & Practical Solutions (Panel Discussion)
- Revenue Recognition – ASC 606 Implementation Challenges Already Experienced (Panel Discussion)
- Revenue Recognition Technologies: Determining the Need and Selection Criteria” (Panel Discussion Concurrent Session 1)
- Leasing Technologies: Successful Implementation Considerations (Panel Discussion Concurrent Session 1)
- Revenue Recognition Technologies: Successful Implementation Considerations (Panel Discussion Concurrent Session 2)
- Leasing Technologies: Determining the Need and Selection Criteria (Panel Discussion Concurrent Session 2)
Panel programs will be led by:
A.C. (Tony) Sondhi Founder and President of Sondhi & Associates, a financial consulting, investment advisory, and executive training firm. He is currently a member of the Emerging Issues Task Force (EITF) of the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB). He is also the Chairman of the Corporate Disclosure Policy Council of CFA Institute, and a member of the Investor Advisory Group of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) and the US Standards and Advocacy Advisory Council of CFA Institute. Tony is an advisor to several U.S. And foreign companies and has served as an expert witness on many financial reporting issues.
Gabe Zubizarreta. CEO & Founding Principal, Silicon Valley Accountants. Central to Gabe’s role at Silicon Valley Accountants is educating both technical (e.g. revenue recognition, COSO), and soft skills (e.g., leadership, effective communication, teamwork and team building). Gabe designed a Financial Effectiveness Framework which delivers continuous improvement-based results to optimize financial processes by focusing on people, processes and systems. This Framework is based on a balanced approach of training, leadership, process improvement and system optimization.
See the entire conference agenda and register for any day or all three days at the IMA Meonske Professional Development Conference page.